WELCOME TO THE SISTA PROJECT
Inspiring Equity In STEM
What is the SISTA Project?
The Sisters in Science and Technology Australia (SISTA) Project is the country’s largest ever STEM engagement opportunity. It will promote national access to inspiring science education and STEM pathway resources, and enable delivery of Street Science’s award-winning science education program to more students in more places.
With a goal to increase the number of girls studying and pursuing science pathways, the SISTA Project School Program provides primary school students year-on-year engagement with world class female educators and curriculum-linked STEM activities designed to inspire ALL Australian kids to reach their full STEM potential.
Support from the Australian Government means that the SISTA Project can subsidise participation for eligible schools, enabling access to this quality science education program for more students across the country.
What’s included for SISTA partner schools?
SISTA Project Partner Schools will secure a yearly science education program consisting of:
- Year level curriculum-aligned engaging science shows.
- Hands-on workshops with supportive teacher resources.
- Inspiring STEM career Q&A sessions with Street Science female scientists and educators
- Teacher professional development sessions providing cutting-edge science engagement strategies.
- Plus your school will receive invitations to access ongoing science education and STEM pathway resources.
Eligible SISTA Partner schools will receive subsidies of up to 55% of the program cost.
How can my school become a SISTA partner?
The SISTA project will be rolling out across Australia from Semester 2, 2023
- South-East Queensland from Semester 2, 2023.
- Touring remote regions of Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory from 2023
- Broadcasting across the rest of the country using cutting edge digital technologies from 2024.
The Street Science SISTA Project has a capped capacity for federally funded subsidies so eligibility will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To become a SISTA partner school please complete the below Expression of Interest and our team will schedule a short 10-minute discovery call to assess your school’s eligibility for this program.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM
Brought to you by STEM Education Group. Delivered by Street Science in partnership with the Australian Federal Government.