- To inspire, educate and showcase ways to design and make ‘things’ which highlight how to live, learn, work and pla
- y sustainably…. and to do so in an entertaining, engaging way.
- To engage people in the Maker Festival process as a means to build our community and highlight the threads of Samford Commons’ activity – arts, food, energy, environment, community building, education, technology, sustainability, creative design, making things etc
Time and location:
- Date/time – Saturday 4 November 2017 (11am – 4pm, with festivities continuing until late)
- Location – SC and close surrounds
- The festival will include:
- Stalls showcasing and selling products and showing how they were made – such as local art, music and more
- Workshops engaging people in the design and making of products – such as making drones, children’s toys or robots
- Ignite sessions highlighting knowledge/skill bases
- Culmination events showcasing pre-festival projects such as the Short Film Project
- Personal Passion showcases with people telling their own maker story in short and passionate bursts from Little Stages – like an innovative artist who does things differently
- Food stalls … fresh and cooked
- Entertainment … STREET SCIENCE!!!! as well as wandering musicians, actors, humourists, singers, and more performers.